Friday, March 31, 2006

While I was reheating my left over BBQ chicken I thought I might get one more shot for TTSK. I ended up walking to the narrows again. By the time I got back I had chicken jerky.







Seven degrees at seven o'clock this morning.



So what's the difference between having bad luck and being stupid? Someday I'll explain it to you Rich, I'll talk real slow so you get it the first time. Any way my "bad luck" started by being too lazy to get water yesterday. When I got up this morning there was a big black hole(blueberry bushes) in my skidoo trail to the lake. The ice is rotten so I didn't go out too far. After getting stuck a couple of months ago I have been hauling only 20 gallons per trip. Today I tried 70 gallons, that's close to 700 pounds for those of you who get their water out of a tap. Yup, I got stuck trying to avoid the black hole. Being smart I used Jack's quad to winch the sled and toboggan up the hill, thanks Jack. The next trip I hauled 70 gallons again but made it that time. Who needs blueberries any way, a dog might pee on them.

I'm officially declaring the bay in front of my house closed. There is about 2 inches of rotten ice on top of about 10 inches of water, then more ice, sometimes. There are many holes all the way through. It would be bad enough dying, but I think it would be worse to survive and have your machine on the bottom of the lake. I don't know if I'll make it to chili night (or marathon hors d'oeuvres) next week. Hopefully the snow will be gone on my driveway and I can bike it out.




P.S. Hey helicopter dudette, you better be a dudette, I'm not giving it up just for a little fly past!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

berlin is the birthplace of itchybitchyritchies soon to be bride.ritchie must phone berlin headquarters to get approval for any actions taken place at little tomiko lake.i hear berlin is implanting a chip into ritchies neck to control his actions via satellite when he is on leave from berlin.