Tuesday, March 07, 2006

We're gonna pay for this, WAIT we already did!

This is how city people go sledding, wide, flat groomed trails. And they still hit trees. Although I do know a lady who said a birch tree jumped out in front of her, but I'm not allowed to talk about that.

This is my trail across a narrow spit of land from one part of the lake to another.

Ok, you can call me lazy. I went to town around 9 this morning. I got 140 lb of propane, 6 cans of gas for Razor, 2 cans for me, 5 gal of coffee water, lots of groceries (lots of can goods) in case I get slushed in, a new bowl for making bread, cat litter. 2 loads back across the lake. By the time everything was put away, it was 1:30. So I just hopped on the sled and toured the lake checking on cabins. So no work done today. Oh yeah, I just remembered that I took a picture of smoke wafting down the lake this morning. I don't know where it came from because I'm the only one on this end of the lake right now.


P.S. Note for Rich: I really envy you being surrounded by a million people, smog, paved roads, noise etc. Maybe She'll let you come back in a year or so. Remember, you put a ring on her finger and she'll put one in your nose.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

10.30 PM and doin' my, almost daily, BLOG check, and yeah, Frank, I hope our dues are paid, weather-wise. Gee, those nice groomed sled trails are wider....Hell YOUR trail is wider than the road in from Whiterock to the Station. You have to travel at night, in hopes you don't meet anyone on the road. Don has done all he can to try and keep us open.
PS; Nice garage!

the Mailman Family said...

Looks beautiful up there - great trails!