Monday, March 20, 2006

I had good intentions of going visiting today but hauling 120 gallons of water, laundry and other house work took longer than I expected. Most people do their dishes and laundry on the same day, don't they? Of course, if I hadn't kept putting off getting started, I would have finished a lot sooner. The ice is still close to 3 feet thick. The ice is in four layers, a result of all the freeze-thaws and tons of snow I guess. In this photo the top layer is about 8 inches and there is a 2 inch gap that the ice scoop is stuck into.



Kita was all excited when I started the sled, but then did his teenager imitation when he found out there was work involved.



For those of you from "away", as we say down home, we haven't talked about the weather for a while. It drops down to about -10 at night and up to zero during the day. The sun feels a lot warmer than that, if you get out of the wind. It seems that we've had a wind chill for about a week. The snow is slowly going away. In this pic, there is an umbrella type patio table (free to a good home with a wire brush and a can of paint) that was buried all winter.



About a week ago the snow was real soft and you would sink up to your knees. The snow now is like concrete and the foot holes are leg breaker traps.



Maybe tomorrow I'll go out visiting, I promise to keep my pants up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Frank ... Sounds like your getting into the groove of retirment ... who cares if you get the laundry and dishes done in the same day!! Just as a warning ... I'm planning on coming up in April ... I know you'll be excited to see me but try to keep your pants on!!!