Wednesday, April 19, 2006

This is the second post for today. We are slowly turning into the garden of Eden. Speaking of the garden of Eden, would you believe that some people actually bring the Devil's seed out here? The kind that you have to mow every week? Some things are better left in town.

Raspberry leaf.


Lilac leaf.


Clear all the way to Sulivan's.


When I took the tarps off of the wood pile the other day, I found close to 2 cords that needed to be sawn up. Here's another conundrum; in the maritimes a cord of fire wood is 4' X 4' X 8'. Here a cord is 16" X 4' X 4', or 1/3 of a cord. Is that because up here they think that they can charge more for less, or is it that Maritimers are bad with fractions? Any way, it was a cool start to the day, 0 degrees at 8:00 AM, so around 11:00 I started chunking wood. Yes Tomiko Tina, that was me making all that noise. Sorry for all the huffing and puffing. The temp now is 27 degrees. So now I sit here, close your eyes Michelle, in nothing but my sweaty underwear. I can handle -25 better that +25.

PS; I think that I might have to get another computer to keep track of bookings for the A frame. Hey, maybe this is a way to get it cleaned up. No Rich, you can't have open bookings. As hard as it might be to believe, you are not the only loser out there. We have to have room for the other poor souls. But I will book you for the May 24 week end. I know that you will need it when I finally meet Berlin.

PS; As I look out the window, the ice has cleared all the way into Fennell's Bay!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

well, at least you didn't post a picture this time!!!! you try explaining to a 2 yr old why grandpa's bare bum is on the internet!