Monday, April 10, 2006

Foggy start to the day.


It turned into a beautiful day. It was quite hot when there was no wind. Kita must have walked 10 miles looking for a spot that wasn't too hot, too cool, or too damp. It was such a nice day that I had to call a pal at the place that used to pay me, just to rub it in. I did some more clean up around the yard and got the boat and dock ready to go. Come on Mother Nature, get with the program!



Yesterday two flocks of Canada geese flew north and today another flock. Lots of little birds, butterflies and a zillion houseflies around. This morning there were 4 or five pileated woodpeckers swooping around, too fast for pics. I've never seen them in groups bigger than one. I don't know if there was a turf battle going on, but what a racket they made. Rich says that they make the exact same noise as Berlin when he gets home at two in the morning. For the past 2 weeks I've been hearing an owl. He starts hooting about an hour before sun set. He is never in the same spot, maybe he is looking for a date.(hmmm, HOOT! HOOT!) My son , Joseph, is a PhD candidate at the University of Michigan, studying avian phylogenetics( don't bother looking that one up Rich). He is thinking of doing his doctoral research on owls.

No comments: