Friday, April 21, 2006

6:30 AM, thanks for the extra half hour Kita.


Loon just off the dock.


Lorna's ice is gone.


The ice that was here yesterday is gone now.


No ice at the boat launch. That's it, were ice free!


A little tired and sore today. Sore from all the work I did yesterday. Kita might have let me sleep in, but George was a pest all night. I haven't had to have a fire for 3 days now, but I guess George found it a little chilly last night and kept trying to get under the covers. The only work that got done today was to put the wood I split into the wood shed. The pallets are still frozen to the ground, so I can't finish the wood that I bought last fall.

Looks like rain for the next few days. This is probably good timing. I'm a little behind in the house cleaning, again. And since we are coming up to visiting season, we should look at the rules. There are none, you can drop by at any time, day or night. BUT, if we've had 3 or 4 nice days in a row, I might not be up to date on the vacuuming, and you might want to bring your own lint brush. There might be a pile of dirty dishes. If it bothers you, you can wash them up. If you call ahead, I'll try to hide them in the oven.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

i have been known to do the 'hide the dishes in the oven' trick too. only thing is, once i forgot about them, and preheated my oven without looking.. completely melted various food processor and blender parts :(

now i have a new system for washing dishes... it's called: get kurt to do 'em! hehehe