Monday, April 17, 2006

Another beautiful day in paradise.


I went for an atv ride this morning. I have an appointment in town tomorrow and wanted to do a test run. I took Kita along thinking I would let him run out to the Gibson's road and then put him aboard the bike. That way he could go to town too. I had a little trouble close to the house, in the spot that I got my GMC stuck to the frame a few years ago. At the first right turn, there were moose tracks every where. See ya later Kita! I had one other tricky spot but made it out to the road. I then went to the A5 road and checked on the Birkby and Milne homsteads, AOK. On the way back I got stuck close to the house and had to use the winch to get out. So, if I leave early enough, getting out won't be a problem, but getting back might be. When I got back, Kita was in the yard, jumping around like he was ready for a run!? I guess I can't take him to town tomorrow. If you hear crying tomorrow, it'll be Kita. Maybe I should tie him up over the spot where I'm going to put the new water line so he can start excavating.

In the afternoon I went for a canoe ride. Kita, who LOVES boat rides wouldn't get in the canoe??? Wimp! Such a nice day and I didn't see another person on the lake, I don't know why. Wimps!


HMCS Little Tomiko opening up the shipping lanes






The bottom of the ice is hard as a rock and sharp as a knife.




I had stepped on the skidoo track and dragged the canoe inside the circle. A bergy bit broke off, but the wind blew it back, trapping me inside the circle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once again I have to say beautiful photo's! Ahhh you live near the beach...how many years have you stayed at the lake all winter? My dream by the way is the isolation you are living...was thinking of an island but......

Nancy