Thursday, October 19, 2006

This is the most sun shine that we got today, besides another quarter inch of rain.


I went down the river to check out the beaver dam. Tamarack trees along the river.


The beaver dam. There is about eight inches of water flowing over both dams, so, if it ever stops raining it will drain down to normal levels. Bachelor girl reports that water is up on the Notman road.


Birch trees along the river.


This is where the lake flows into the river. Usually I have to lift my motor out of the water and pole through this spot. Today I just motored through.


The road super reports that the Sand Dam road washed out at Ben's pond yesterday, but is all fixed up now. Sounds like a beaver dam broke there.
I have lights in my garage now. A few more wire staples and finish another line from the generator and I can scratch another item off the to-do list.

Kita disappeared for a couple of hours this afternoon, the first time he has done that this year. I watched him go. Normally he just goes on what I call his patrol, about ten or fifteen minutes. I was just starting to wonder how I was going to find a deaf dog when he strolled in the yard covered in swamp merde, like nothing happened. See, he can leave me any time he wants but I can't leave him for more than a couple of minutes.

Holy heart burn all day long. I made another super pie last night. Pepperoni, salami, extra hot Italian sausage, Italian meat balls, portabello mushrooms. I love Italian. Remember that one at Fannies Richie? Just kidding Berlin, I think she was Swedish. Any way, see what happens when I run out of left overs? Grouse fingers and soup tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

... and here I thought you were to "Tired" to remember that Frank!! LOL Sounds like you guys have a job as the Tomiko Road Crew ... Keep up the good work!! I guess your never Fully Retired eh?

Cheers,
Rich.