Saturday, October 28, 2006

Hello my little gas guzzling blog readers. I have my generator running just to entertain you, pretty poor mileage I would say. I'm so confused, you see I was going to post yesterday because today was going to be a fun day. The mayor is away, so the boys were going to play, but plans were cancelled when Razor got called into work for today. The mayor is out of the country doing the Angelina/Madonna thing. Pictures next week. Both the mayor and the road super are off work next week to do the bonding thing. In my day, you didn't get time off for that.

Thursday evening I think.


We had a nice sunny morning yesterday, but it clouded over again in the afternoon. The clouds opened up enough to give an awesome sun set last evening.






Yesterday morning "they" were calling or 25 cm of snow for today. By evening "they" said 15 cm. Now "they" have a winter storm warning alert with 20 cm of snow and 100kph winds. So far today we've got about 10 cm, but zero wind. I'm not quite ready for winter yet. I'm slowly, key word slowly, getting ready. But the boat and dock is still in the water and the truck is still in the back yard. I'm trying to wait until the last minute before I go to town and bulk up on groceries for the slushy season. Speaking of boats, I heard one on the other side of the narrows yesterday. What are you thinking? Don't you know that if you fall over board you'll die in minutes from hypothermia? You see, I don't have to worry about that 'cause I'm half Newfie. We're tough Bye, tough. And since most of us can't swim, water temperature has no effect on us.


Hey super kids, can you find Kita? He crawled under there around 11:00 am and at 3:00 I had to crawl in to see if he was still breathing. He doesn't seem ready for winter yet, either.


Grandpa Frank wants to remind everybody to turn their clocks back tonight and change the batteries in the smoke and CO detectors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Frank:
May I ask what the red dot in the middle of the wintery scene is?

Did you get to enjoy that extra hour of sleep Sunday morning?

Today is Monday, so I'm hoping there will be another entry...tonight some time. I have to do one myself.

C

Your #1 Blogger Groupie - I think.