Monday, May 01, 2006

Trouble with Blogger again.
Last evening. Just remember, these are computer generated pictures, you really wouldn't like it here. Really.




Right now.


I took Jack's quad out this morning to knock down a widow maker that was hung up over the drive way since last spring. I thought that I should do it now, before Jack comes back and tries to repossess his bike. Good luck on that one, Jack. It was really hot, I thought poor old Kita was going to croak. I think he's gotten out of shape since ice out. Not much running for him since then. We saw a dozen ruffed grouse and I picked today to forget my camera. I'm just going to do small fix ups and clean ups the rest of the week till my company comes. I see that they are calling for rain on Thursday. I hope the Newfies don't need their sou'westers and oilskins on the weekend.

Here's another bit of Newfie tradition. The Newfies have a ritual called "getting screached in". This is a very high honour, and is only bestowed on the Rock. This rite involves kissing a dead cod fish on the lips and downing a straight shot of Newfie Screach rum. You would indeed, be blessed and have a long and happy life, if you were lucky enough to be so honoured. Or, at least a long and happy night!

No comments: