Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Last evening.

Again.

Again.


This morning.

Again.


Today has been a good news/bad news kind of day. Bad news; black flies. Bad news; no word on my boat, yet. Bad news; went back to digging the trench. I have to dig four feet under the side porch. Bad news; black flies. There is a band of sand stone beside the porch. On the first swing of the pick I holed the siding. I blame it on the bi-focals. Good news; the other day I found a self draining water system on the net. I emailed them but got no reply. Bad news; black flies. I called them this morning. Good news; they can have a system ready for me on May 1st. Bad news; price. Good news; I have already dug deeper that they require. Bad news; I have to go to Toronto and pick it up. Bad news; black flies. Did I tell you about the black flies yet? I had to wear the bug jacket while digging. 23 degrees and no wind. I had sweat running over my pearly white. Right now I'm trying to decide if I want to haul some water for a shower, or walk off the end of the dock. Now, I've had a few first this year. First one to walk across the lake, first canoe in the water, first dock in, first boat in. I'm not sure that I want to be the first to swim.

PS1 The black flies are BAD!

PS2 I almost forgot the public service portion of this blog. I think that we've provided some educational services. We've learned a little of the tribulations of living alone in the frozen north. We've learned that it is difficult to blow slush bubbles inside of a helmet. We've had the first trial and conviction on the internet. And now it's time to inform you of a missing person. It seems that this young, sweet, innocent person has been missing for over twenty years. She may have been abducted and may be living deep in the northern forest. If we find her and return her home, her mother will finally teach her how to cook. So, keep your eyes open. Note, there is no reward at this time.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

well, if you have to come all the way to T.O, you better come a lil west and visit the super kids!

Frank Brown said...

I don't know yet, what about George? Maybe an over nighter?
GpF

the Mailman Family said...

Don't you just hate the black flies? Those pests are out here as well as some mosquitoes too. Time for Gary to hook up the old SkeeterVac - the only problem, they suck up 1000 mosquitoes a day - and we have 10,000!

Michelle said...

awww.. you didn't get to puddle jump when you were little? oh well, think of it this way, now you've found yourself a great big puddle that you get to splash in whenever you want :)