Wednesday, May 10, 2006

They say that this is as good as it gets for the next four or five days.


Pollen in the lake last evening.


Sun set from Tomiko Pond.


Sun set from the Frasertown Marina.


No digging got done today. Last evening, the tilt on my out board stopped working. It would tilt up, but not down. If it's not one thing, it's another. It took a couple of hours of standing on my head, in the back of the boat, and running back and forth to the garage to get more tools, to figure out what was wrong. Hey Greg, I had to use the upside down bifocal thing too. By then, the black flies were out in full force with reservists called in to replace the ones I squished yesterday. So I said "fuddle duddle", it can wait til tomorrow, or the next day, or the day after that. Gee, I miss January.

1 comment:

John and Cathy Miller said...

Hi, Frank,

Enjoyed the pics of "Aunt Bessie", especially the infamous PORT bottle. I'm so glad she got up to see you in "all your glory". Did you do the shower/towel trick for her? You know, the outdoor version.

On a serious note, Bessie's trip reminded me of the pictures of your Mom's last trip there. Eleanor and the dog!!! (That would have been Kita, n'est pas?) I didn't take particular note at the time, what kind of dog. Not being a doggie person then...Sigh...

So! Fill me in on the "I met my future wife..." statement. Is this "tongue in cheek" "private joke" or can we get excited and hope for a wedding invitation?!

Well, you may or may not be wondering why "we" been very neglectful of our Blog. You have figure out by now that it is me - not your cousin who maintains it. i must be in a funk 'cause I've let everything go to hell in the perverbial handcart. Actually, at this moment I should be paying last month's bills...

After sitting in front of a computer all day playing with "someone else's money" leaves me a bit resistant to the computer at home! Deep, deep, down, I really envy you and your retirement!! Don't tell anyone, shhshh! Life seems sooo relaxed!! at Little Tomiko...You are having the time of your life - ADMIT IT!

Please "pray" for me...It is YearEnd at the Halifax Regional School Board. I am sick of reconcilling other people's messes and worrying about the work not getting done. Unfortunately, they pay me OK. The auditors arrive officially next week. A new arrogant bastard this year. All six foot 8 of him. Bring back the little pixie who looked like she hadn't graduated high school! Let alone have her CGA/CMA designation.

See, you're not missing anything...

C