Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Sorry I'm late, I can explain.

I went on a little trip with the boys today. What a great time. We went to Martin river for lunch. On the way back, I broke the exhaust on my machine. And my machine hit slush at about 60 kph and stopped dead. I didn't. I ended up head first in slush, water up inside my helmet. I was the last one in line, so no one witnessed the event. I think that kept the ribbing to a minimum. All I could think of was the machine sinking in slush. So without checking for a broken neck, or other body parts, I rolled to the machine and nailed the throttle and hung on until I reached solid snow, and then climbed back on. Running down the lake, trying to catch up with the boys, blowing slush bubbles in side the helmet, and no one notices I can't see where I was going. Finally they stop to figure out where we are and what was the shortest way back to Little Tomiko. I then had a chance to drain my helmet and clean the slush of of my glasses. The rest of the trip home was uneventfull.

On the way to Martin River we stopped at a frozen water fall.


The crew.

From inside the water fall.

Good night, I think I'm going to crash now.

4 comments:

the Mailman Family said...

So how are you feeling now - sore and achy? You have to be careful -you're not as young as you used to be - you could break a hip or something! Just kidding - hope you're feeling O.K. today and, as usual, great pics!

Michelle said...

that is a really cool pic of the frozen waterfall. kaeden did one of his HUH???!'s when he saw it LOL.

Anonymous said...

Hi Frank;
Not sorry I can't be with you in all that snow. Enjoyed seeing your journal from my cosy little room in Powassan. Enjoy life while you can, as it soon catches up to you. Hope to see you, come Summer time, when Bryan brings me up for a few days. Cheers

Frank Brown said...

I thought my hip was the only thing that didn't hurt, until I read your comment.

Welcome Art, I hope this site keeps you in touch with the lake.