Monday, February 20, 2006

There's a sun up there somewhere.

Here's a pic of the snow banks on the Sand Dam road. Oh, and my co-pilot too. He usually jumps into the driver's seat when I get out. You should see the looks I get in parking lots when I open the door and say "Can I drive" and Kita moves over.
So, I went to town this morning. I had 2 empty jerry cans, 2 empty water jugs and an empty 100 lb propane tank in the sleigh. It seemed like I was towing a truck. It was ok when I was on my old trail, but with the drifting, I couldn't see where it was. I ran all over town getting stuff and visiting a friend. Yes, I do have a friend. Any way, on the way back across the lake, with every thing full, I couldn't get up to a decent speed. When I hit the hill on to my property, Yeah, you know it. I got stuck. With shovels and ropes and pure strength I got every thing up the hill. My 6 pack should be a 24 by now. I went back on the lake and found that there is slush which was slowing me down. The snow on top is powdery and fell back on the snowmobile track so that you wouldn't see the slush. We need a good old fashioned northern Ontario cold snap to firm things up. But as I look out the window right now, I can't see the other side of the lake.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Frank; Hate seeing comment file with a big fat "0", so have to say something. Watched you and Kita trudging across the lake the other day and felt your pain. Just 2 more months of winter,then 2 more months of rough sleddin'. Sled shopping today, so keep adding sections to your chimney so I can find your place, when I'm mobile.
Gypsy says thanks for the honourable mention and actually likes lying in the snow. Hard to find, sometimes.
Take care, Frank

the Mailman Family said...

Glad to hear you're keeping in shape. Kita looks very regal sitting in the truck!

Anonymous said...

Hi,Frank...I saw you leave here yesterday and was kinda wondering how you would make out,,,Had a little extra work eh....Oh well,guess its worth it.Ireally like the pic you took of the sun,and would love to add that one too..Take care ...Need a hand or anything from town.give me a call...