Thursday, February 09, 2006

I didn't do too much today. My back is sore so I only finished shoveling off the garage roof. The other day I only went down to an ice covered layer, about 10 inches under the ice. The dog was looking up at me like he was saying "What, don't you think there's enough snow down here?"


View from the garage roof.


If you look at the snow bank, you can see the weather we've had over the winter. At the top you can see the snow that we got last weekend. Then a layer that we got the previous weekend. Then you can see the freezing rain that we had a few weeks ago. The yellow, vertical line is an unusual phenomenon that the locals call a husky stratum.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

cool shot from the roof! does all the snow help keep the cabin more insulated?

Frank Brown said...

The cabin is so warm that I just wear short sleeves and sometimes have to open a door. Temperature outside this morning is -25, inside 30.