Monday, June 12, 2006

Last evening.


Kita watching the mergansers.


This morning I filled in the trench. I haven't put the sod back yet, I'll wait a day or two to let it settle. After lunch, Kita and I went to pay a visit to the dam busters but they weren't in, so we decided to check out the dam.

The pilot doing his thing on the river.


On the way we met a momma and her chicks.


They put two holes in the dam.


The water in this hole has eroded the bottom down about two more feet. Stupid, stupid, stupid. It is kind of amazing that a whole lake can drain eleven inches in one week through such small looking holes. It's probably a good thing that the bad guys weren't here, maybe I'll settle down before can I get my hands on them.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

kaeden wants to know if that's a Hooded Merganser, or a Common Merganser?

he also wants to know if you can get a picture of a Loon?

John and Cathy Miller said...

What's a Merganser, specifically? Besides the obvious (a duck)?