Tuesday, June 13, 2006

6:30 am


I forgot to mention yesterday that there was no sign of beavers at the dam. I think that the current was too strong for the little guys. I worked for about two hours throwing rocks and sticks into the holes and slowed the water down a bit. I went back this morning and the beavers had been at work last night.


I gave the beavers a hand, that's what neighbors do you know, for about three hours and slowed the leaks down quite a bit. Hopefully they can finish the parging themselves. I left lots of branches for them.


I had gone down there with all the plans and tools I needed. Shovels, saws, chest waders, etc. I also took Kita's chain. It's hard to call back a deaf dog in an area that he is unfamiliar to. I beached the boat on one side of the dam, but the only tree to tie Kita to was on the other side. While crossing the dam, Kita made me slip off; I didn't need the chest waders after that.

We had a sun dog about three this afternoon.


Here's a finch for K-man.

No comments: