Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Hard to upload pics again today. For those of you who checked early yesterday, I did get some up later on in the evening, even a for sale ad.

Not much happening today. I went to town this morning. A young bull moose with big horns crossed the new Notman road, but too fast to shoot him, with the camera.

Yesterday I had dragged the water pump into the lake, only to find that the mount I had made up put the top of the pump too close to the surface. So, this afternoon I dragged it back in and figured out a new mount. My boss gave me the rest of the afternoon off, so I just swam for a while and relaxed. The temperature got up to 32.6c, but the humidity is low and there is a nice breeze, so it actually feels pretty good. Not as good as -32.6, though. I don't remember seeing too many horse and deer flies during the winter.

Last evening.


Who said that I don't have a cloud over me?


I haven't found out who drained the lake yet, that's why he's still breathing. The lake has dropped 2 inches since yesterday. The water is almost at the top of the culvert where the river goes under the Gibson's road. Has this guy ever thought of the effects if we have another drought?

2 comments:

John and Cathy Miller said...

Any offers yet, on the fridge? How come two fridges? Now that you are retired, can't afford to stock the beer fridge anymore??

You could have saved yourself some trouble with the water pump if you had stuck with the water cannon plan.

C

John and Cathy Miller said...

PS Did u find my gnome in the corner reply? The reason I want to know is if I'm leaving responses too late, in the wrong places - then I'm wasting my time thinking up these witty repartees. I'll have to drink - oops, that should read dream up another way.

C