Saturday, January 27, 2007

A Whiskey Jack waiting to get fed yesterday morning at -29c.


Blue sky, nothing but blue sky, do I see. Your not the only one to fit music on a blog, C. I can almost hear Willie.


Hey hidibox guys, here's your place.


The view from your deck. The tracks in the snow are rabbit, squirrel, fox and wolf!


You would probably think that with it going to -29c two nights in a row that the water on the ice would freeze. Of course you would be wrong.


We've had three great solar days in a row. Clouds moved in late yesterday, bringing a tiny bit of snow


Yesterday afternoon Kita and I put in the tree line across the other side of the lake. I swear I wasn't drinking. Maybe next year I'll use a GPS to make it straight. We dropped by and had a smoke break with Ed. There are still some slushy areas. One spot was in front of Richie's. On the way home, Kita went to check on wolf tracks in front of Richie's and I had to get him back on track. Any body flying over head would probably think that a drunk was driving a sled, but it's just me herding Kita. There is a deep slush spot between my place and the Kelly's.

Today is bread day. I'm even going to try to make whole wheat bread. I won't eat it, I don't think my innards would know how to process it. But there are some granola crunchers around here. Now, this isn't a life style choice like your family Michelle. It's a weak attempt to keep Dr. Kervorkian away after forty years of living on chocolate.

Sis, as Buddy What's His name and The Other Fella says, a Yammie is a Ski Doo with a Yamaha sticker on it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Frank Hoping to come out to the cottage next weekend Thanks for the information on the lake. Keep us posted obout the slush on the lake.
If the lake is good may visit you Thanks Petlamb and
Captain V

C said...

Hello, Whiskey Jack! Since grocery day wasn't all that long ago, here's hoping that George got his special can of shrimp and that he left you some ...

Excellent song choice, Frank! Willie's Stardust album is a CLASSIC. Rated 257 out of 500 as best ever album by Rolling Stone magazine. Back in the day, I played it ad nauseam.

How did the whole wheat bread turn out? Did you try some? Are you going Crunchy Granola KnapSacker on us?

Please breathe a sigh of relief. Dr. Jack Kavorkian was paroled from prison in December, and apparently, he is suffering from a terminal illness - so won't be practising his craft any longer. (Another thing about Dr. Death; you have to go looking for him - he only makes housecalls on request! Whew!)

About your diet...since my own is similar, I feel I can talk...I expect you are seeing and feeling some negative effects...hense, the whole wheat bread. Could be a whole new start...