Friday, January 19, 2007

Wednesday evening.


Watery foot prints on the lake this morning. I haven't put out the other tree line yet because of the slush. It's still ok if you don't have to stop.


Kita watching Mrs. K cleaning her rink this morning. Is there any thing she can't do?


I finished hand splitting and stacking the maple and white birch that I had cut. I used the gas splitter on the yellow birch. I haven't stacked it yet 'cause I think I strained both of them lifting this chunk.


A picture of the causeway on the road to Moose Lake from Bryan.


What are we going to talk about today, C? HuH? Huh? Not that easy is it? Huh? Well, let's talk about humidity in a wood stove heated cabin. Some people have a kettle on the stove at all times. But I believe that too much humidity can be as bad, or worse than too little. So, ya gotta use a humidity sensor. The most accurate one is a cat. You see, if you pat the cat and touch his nose and nothing happens, the humidity is ok. If you pat the cat and touch his nose and get a spark, the air is a little dry. If you pat the cat and touch his nose and lose your finger, you use your good hand and put some water on the stove. That's all the learning for today, I wouldn't want your head to explode.

1 comment:

C said...

Duck! Incoming!

A half hour wasted! A wonderful and witty rant on HUMIDITY sucked into cyber-space because I switched C to the New Blog and I now must sign in on my Google account - apparently...when I leave you a note.

Oh WELL! @#$%! Not even one teeny theraputic benefit from getting it all down on "paper". @#$%!

The rage has not abaited - it hovers still! @#$%!

Gotta go and pound something....How about a chunk of that yellow birch?