Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Happy anniversary every body. (Thanks for stealing my thunder C. Do you know how long it took me to come up with a subject for today's post? And then you go think of the same thing.) Yup, it's been a year since we have been doing this thing. I use the "we" in the "me" tense since most of you do not contribute much, unless you do some thing silly that I can report.

Sun up yesterday.


Coming back from picking up my mail yesterday. That dot on the trail is Kita.


Sun set last evening.


8:00 am this morning.


-22c yesterday morning and it dropped to -24c by the time I finished my second cup of coffee. But it warmed up to -17c by the afternoon. I had kept asking Kita if he wanted to come in all evening, but he didn't want to. At 10:30 last night it had dropped to -28. Kita was still on his pillow with his nose under his tail but his ears were exposed so I dragged him in. -27 this morning and it warmed up to -6 this afternoon with flurries on and off most of the day. My weather station said that it had dropped to -31.9 over night, butt since I didn't get to enjoy it, no "full monty" for you.

I actually went to start the post at 11:00 this morning, but the generator wouldn't start. I thought that it might be too cold so I turned on a propane heater for a while. It did start after an hour or so, but didn't run right. After some trouble shooting I found that the carburetor had come loose again. I'm getting to know that gen set as well as Razor knows his grader.

It's supposed to snow tomorrow, I might mark the trail on the pond side of the lake, or I might do a tour of the lake, decisions, decisions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had your decisions to make ... I'm glad you finaly got some snow!! Winter is finaly here ... even in the Sunny South!! No more sweating when I take Bear for a walk! Have fun marking the Pond side ... you may need the markers if you get "Tired" some time!!

Anonymous said...

Don't let him fool you Frank, he would have to actually walk Bear to work up a sweat!
Haven't read in awhile - gotta get back to it! need some humour in my life (yes I know, one would think Rich would be enough humour!) Anyway, take care and Happy New Year!
Berlin

C said...

You're Welcome! Stealing thunder, specifically but not exlusively, is a gift. Consider it a 1st Blogging Anniversary present from me to you!

Would you believe that people who complained daily about our lack of winter, have had the nerve to complain once the snow and freezing temperatures arrived? There is NO pleasin' SOME people! By Friday there will more to complain about. Rain!

What's "tired"? (Just kidding!) I've had to give up getting "tired". Next, the coffin nails. Will coffee soon follow? Is a padded cell in my near future? Stay tuned...