Thursday, January 25, 2007

Sun down last evening.


Yesterday was a super solar day, but today we have an ice fog thing happening.


Woke up to -28 yesterday and a fresh skiff of snow. It warmed up to -11 in the afternoon. I was chipping ice off of the Yammie when I noticed the sun was doing a better job than I was, so I just tipped it over and let solar heating go to work. Bryan called and said that he and Jose were watching a wolf cross the lake and head to my Yammie trail. As soon as I hung up the phone, Kita went into high alert and wanted to go on patrol. I kept him under control and after a couple of hours he relaxed. He stayed out side 'till 11:00 PM, but I kept checking on him every few minutes.

It was -29.5 this AM, so close, but, too bad. This morning I spent 3 hours out side cleaning up some brush, then I had to come in and defrost the old beak, and have a coffee break. It is -20 with a wind chill of -39, right now. Well, break time is over, gotta go, TTYL.

1 comment:

the Mailman Family said...

You know it's cold when you get frost on your beard! And what is a Yammie???