Thursday, April 05, 2007

Who says that the Hermit Savant doesn't have some pull with the Blessed Virgin? Kita loved it, until I chained him up.






It's been so warm lately that I don't light a fire until the evening. Sometimes George almost climbs right in. I think he has a whole bunch of those cold girlie genes.


It's snowing pretty hard right now. I can hardly see the lake. We might get close to 10 Cm's before it's over!

I've been thinking, ouch!, about our day of rest. Since there are other sects that observe Saturdays and Sundays, we will honour them too. W, wo, wor, working Fridays suck, since YOU are looking forward to the weekend. W, wo, wor, working Mondays really suck, since YOUR brain is probably still fuzzy and tired from all the partying. So, since the other sects get two days off, we'll take two days too. If your boss complains about paying you for five days, for only 3 days w, wo, wor, work, just tell him that he already does.

C, Glad to see that my depression brightened your day.

Sheila, I think that you do get it.

Sis, Repent!

Dear Superkids,
I think that puddles are highly over rated. Just think of all the fun of winter. Tobogganing, skating, snowmobiling, building igloos, making snow angels, snow ball fights. Oops, are snow ball fights politically correct any more? Any way, winter is much more fun than running naked through mud puddles, and swatting black flies.

2 comments:

C said...

See a good depression shouldn't go to waste!

I'd say you were successful in capturing Kita's mood!

Nice fire place!

Anonymous said...

Yo, Frank!

Your cat is a big bruiser, like my much-missed guy, Mr.Beau Buttons of Plumbbottom, Esquire. My furry guy was the world's best companion. I just love the way cats know "THEY are God", unlike the dawgies who think WE are. They always take the best spot on the bed or couch and generally expect to worshipped in the style they would like to become accustomed to.

My cat was so big, he would stretch out on the bed, and it was like being with a person. I miss his incredible intelligence. When my dog, Zoe, died, after 15 and 1/2 years of beautific, enlightened devotion, I put Plumbbottom's food where Zoe had eaten (the insensitivity and crassness of humans!). Plumbbottom looked at the food, looked at me in disgust, and walked haughtily away...sending me a message I will never forget. How could I even think about pretending Zoe wasn't missed? He and I grieved our Zoe for months and went through so many special times together.

Enjoy George for all of his kitty critter ways. The feline is so damned interesting.

Mind you, the unconditional love of our dawgies is impossible to live without too.

It has been pretty much confirmed that I get to dawgie sit this summer while my Joel travels a bit. Zappa, or Frank the Tank, is a furry version of Joel, lovable, free-spirited and goofy. He is a Malumud, Chow, wolf mix, but looks exactly like a wolf. Everyone loves the Zappa Bear, and he is a definite chick magnet for Joel. He always has such a cool outdoor smell. Does Kita smell good like that too, Frank? Sort of like a bonfire.

See you at the big feed, in the name of the father, the son and the hungry friends who gather there. Since Jesus died for my sins, I can really have fun being a glutton on Monday!

Catcha on the flip side...

Shalom Sheila