Saturday, April 21, 2007

Sun set over Lake Nipissing last evening. It's not a Great Lake, but it is a pretty big lake.








This morning the ice was about a hundred yards off shore, no it is gone past the narrows, heading into Fennell's Bay. I guess I'll have to get the boat in the water tomorrow to fulfill my duties as official ice out observer.



We are not alone. The Hermit has a Grasshopper. (Remember "take the pebble from my hand"?) It seems that the Cliche Queen has reached one of those crossroads of life and is not sure which path to take. What better place to start a new journey than in the middle of nowhere, or as I like to call it, the center of the universe? We're not sure how long the training will take, it only took me fifty years to find enlightenment. Sorry Sheila, only one pupil at a time. I'll pencil you in for the next reincarnation, just don't come back as a mosquito!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any fish in the little tomiko?
Do you offer any spiritual guidance in prop selection?
I'm pushing a 14 ft inflatable with a 25 horse and not getting a very good high speed. My current prop size/pitch is 10.3/12.
I tried to figure it out using my Mayan calculator, but damn! that 700 ton block of stone is hard to use and not very portable.

Anonymous said...

I think you have outdone yourself with those pictures of lake nipissing at sunset.Awesome pictures Frank,keep um coming.
TTSK

Anonymous said...

I can't come back as a mosquito cause I am already coming back as a toilet seat cover. It will be so much easier becoming one with the flow.

Those pictures of Lake Nipissing are absolutely divine, oh Swami Yohanda Wanda Fonda on a Honda. I loved them. Keep em comin'.

Enjoyed the weekend with my sister-in-law from Ottawa who is so funny that she should have been a standup comic.

Lots of time at the waterfront. The chip stand is open, the fries are great and no flies... I said fries, not flies.

Shalom y'all,

Sheila