Saturday, March 31, 2007

Good morning flock, we'll keep this sermon short. I know a few of you with short attention spans, nodded off on the last one.


What a great start to another beautiful day on the Tomiko.





Thursday evening a few clouds moved in.


Woke up Friday to some virgin white snow. The old goat looks pretty good under a dusting of snow, and mud.


Kita is not adjusting very well to life on the chain gang. He's depressed and sleeps a lot. The more I think about Kita running off, the more it bugs me. I mean, how boring am I if he runs off to visit a couple of old duds who go to bed at 7:30 every night?


So, I took Kita for a walk out the driveway. Still the only snow around.


We found 19 mounds of Grouse guano. That's quite a "load" for their size


I'm, getting a few chores done. I've cleaned up all the boughs that I put over the water line. Didn't I just put them out last Tuesday? This winter was way too short.



2 comments:

C said...

Dear Maharishi Swami Hermit, Sir!

Now that I have your attention I really do wish I could remember what it was I was going to say! Funny how that happens! It was rather witty, too, if don't say so myself.

I have tried tuning into the time warp continuum calling to Blessed Virgin Snow for assistance. She is NOT responding. Perhaps I'm being punished for some earthly transgression or other.

Perhaps Swami Sir, you could put in a good word for me? Perhaps, my weekly tithe has not arrived and my account is not up to date. I did mail it...honest...

Anonymous said...

Another beautific day. Took myself by the collar and dragged the old bod down to the waterfront again today. I enjoy walking without having to talk to someone. I can keep my own pace and reflect.

I remember how my father and I loved to drive down to the lake whenever we could. He just had to see the water every day. He was the kind of guy who would travel all night, after work, just for a few hours at his Temagami wilderness cabin. It is on the Lady Evelyn chain of lakes, our lake being called Lake Obabika. It is so pristine there, with three hundred year old red pines, the kind of old growth forest that people fight for. It's magical, and I can't wait to go back again this year. This is the spiritual legacy that my Dad left us.

I really miss those weekly trips to Lake Nipissing with my Dad. We would look at "The Three Sisters" (the Manitous), and he would tell me stories about the old days; how the Manitous got their name, what North Bay was like when he was growing up here, in the 1920's, and lots of other cool stuff. Often, I would take him for his favourite fries and a ginger ale. We would take it down to the lake, and he would start to talk. I loved his old stories and should have taped them.

My Dad died just before his ninetieth birthday. He was a handsome, quiet man, very soothing to be around. But,I know that he had a good life. He was well- cared for by my Mom till she died, and then by me.

Jose was also extremely good to my Dad. in his last two years of life. He just loved to visit Lake Tomiko, with some of the Empire residents, for the day,and get to go out on the boat. Jose always had warm jackets for anyone who needed them for boating. What a gift to all of those old people, to be able to break free of the Empire for the day and do something so relaxing.

As I look back on some of my travels, over the last few years, I have come to realize how much I love North Bay. It's a beautiful town with a nice, slow vibe about it. I fit here and look forward to returning each time I must leave.

Have a great weekend, Swami Suzuki. Methinks there is a full moon making me rather melancholy.

Sheila Pratt