Monday, March 05, 2007

The skies cleared late Saturday.


Although we didn't get the dump of snow on Friday, it kinda nickled and dimed us with flurries all day Saturday. The snow is now about thigh deep now. I guess we got enough that the bunnies have started using my shoveled paths.


In the center, you'll see a big air hole.


Coming back from Frasertown yesterday morning. My tree line trail is still in good condition.


Late yesterday.


Howling winds today. One minute the ski doo tracks are buried, and the next they are clear.






I don't know how much I'll post over the next week or two. I got a little consulting job at the salt mines and I might be too tired to post in the evenings. You might be thinking "Gee Frank, I thought you were retired. Why would you want to go back to work?" Well you know the old saying " If I had Mr. Slates money, I'd add it to mine".

Yesterday, Razor took my truck to the Kelly's. I'll sled across to their place and Mrs. K will keep Kita company while I go to wo, wor, work. The lake is pretty slushy so I went back and forth a few times to pack down a trail. May be next year I'll put a tree line that way too. The temps are supposed to go down to the minus teens for the next couple of days, so the trail should harden up OK. I've been practicing getting up early the past couple of mornings. The first morning that the alarm clock went off, I thought it was a smoke detector. This afternoon I'll cook up a few meals so I won't have to cook when I get home.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Snowy and cold, reminds me of some place....hmmmm.

the Mailman Family said...

I hope this working won't stess you out too much!

Melinda and Timothy Brown said...

Hi Frank, looks like a nice spot there. Kinda like up here. How's the fishing?