Saturday, March 17, 2007

Your probably wondering why I'm posting at 3 in the morning. It's a sad story. First, I tried to post earlier in the evening, but Blogger was sick. Then, around 11:30, I did the normal routine of getting Kita off of his pillow and bring it inside to dry out. Normally by the time I finish brushing my teeth, Kita has finished his business and his patrol around the property. But, he's still not back yet. There could be a number of possibilities. He could have gone visiting, but he hasn't done that in a year. He might be chasing a moose or something. Or, he could be sleeping in a different spot. It's hard to call a deaf dog. We'll try not to think about wolves, ok?

I'll try and give you the Reader's Digest up date on the past week. Things might be a little out of sequence 'cause I'm starting to fade out, 5 am was a loong time ago.

First, I have to respond to the Newbie. You can't bake a blog with out cracking a few cliches.


Water on the lake, Wednesday, I think.





This morning at -16.


Sun rise on the New Notman road.


Sun rising through what's left of the Black Forest after that storm last year.


Sun coming up over the Psych hospital, right next to the salt mine. Nasty Puke is the other fenced in institution on the other hill.



The result of nine days of work. It might not seem like much, but there are lots of little parts and those coils on each side were hand wrapped, I hadn't done that before. I would say that I haven't seen that kind of production since the early days of Nasty Puke, before apathy and bad management set in.





Hole in the lake in my snowmobile track.


Let's see, I saw an eagle on the ice at supper time, half way out to the narrows. He boogied as soon as I stepped out the door. Lots and lots of grouse on the dirt roads, now that they are bare.

The lake has been booming, and cracking, and burping all night. Some of the booms shake the cabin.

I learned a lot the past two weeks. Your never too old to learn, just too old to remember. Vacations should be no longer than two weeks or you might forget your purpose in life. I learned that millwrights are highly over rated. Aren't they, Berlin? (I think you could do better, at least a couple of rungs up the evolutionary ladder). All they do all day is beat the crap out of things, and then let out a HAR HAR HAR, when it finally breaks. Yup, the electricians are the heroes in that shop, using their finely tuned skill sets to complete their tasks, despite the chaos at the other end of the shop. Basically the guys there are good shts in the long run, if you like long runny shts.(another cliche Tim)

Busy day tomorrow. A service call to Mr. Slates solar system. Gotta bake bread, rake up George's hair balls and Jose's birthday party tomorrow evening. Gotta go, brain is fuzzy, eyes are blurry, and I can't find the letters i want on the key board.

3:30 and Kita is still not back yet. I'll prop the door open to the deck and leave his pillow out there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I may, what is this "nasty puke"? I googled it but only got the predictable results. Haha.

One should always weigh the "prose" and cons of literary wordplay... does a pun trump a clichè?

Anonymous said...

You'd have to ask the Cliche Queen, Tim. She's been "trumped" before...but by a pun? Your guess would be as good as mine, maybe better.

Frank, I think we've met our match...

C