Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Yesterday we had an ice pellet shower. Kita heads for cover.


The sun peeked out yesterday afternoon.


Sun rise this morning, not much colour, but it warms the cockels of your heart.


Ya better put your sun glasses on for this one, were not used to this.


Yesterday I was out side from 8:30 till 4:00. That's more hours than they put in at Nasty Puke, eh Greg? I finished hauling out the wood from behind the A frame. Then I started cutting up the yellow birch that I felled beside the wood shed. That's one tough tree, I'll need a new chain when I finish that guy.

I gotta tell you a funny story that happened last night. At midnight I went to let Kita in. I opened the patio door and stepped through. The next thing I knew I was sliding across the deck on a skate board. I don't own a skate board. Then it was like the wheels fell of the skate board and I was catapulted into the screen. I bounced off, luckily not through, and fell over the coffee table and onto the couch. I shook my head and gathered my wits and figured out that George must have bolted out the door and I must have stepped on him and went for a ride. I looked all over and finally found him under the couch, no worse for wear, but EXTREMELY pissed. Growling and hissing and evil, slitty green eyes. It took him quite a while before he came out. Oh, you don't think that was funny? I guess you had to be there.

Today was an awesome day, a little too warm at -2c, I spent the day splitting some fire wood. If this weather keeps up I'll probably get my truck towards the end of the week so I can spend some time with the super kids over xmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey:
I had a good laugh....I could just see George giving you the evil eye....Glad you can get out for Christmas with the kids....It is warm down here, the 80's, but going to get rain and cooler over the weekend. We need the rain desperately. Have a great Christmas and a Happy Birthday.