Sunday, December 17, 2006

A half hearted sun rise yesterday. It clouded over right away but we actually had a few hours of sun light around noon.


Not much of a sun set, but better than we've had in weeks.


I should have taken a picture of the lake this morning. The temp was +5 and the ice was flooded. The temp has since dropped to +3 and the water has frozen.


The mailman delivered yesterday, thanks for the xmas cards and invite to Christmas dinner. Kita was pretty excited to see a human being after two weeks ( I don't think that I count). I think that Kita has a touch of that Seasonal Affective Disorder. He's been moping around lately, sleeping a lot, and licking at a spot on his leg until it is raw. He started the licking late last spring but stopped when we started going around the lake every day. I might have a touch of SAD too. It's been so dark and crappy for so long. I make sure I spend a few hours out side every day. I fixed the sleigh today and took the chain saw apart and cleaned it up, and it still works! Well, that's about it from the great green north.

4 comments:

the Mailman Family said...

See - you should have taken another retirement tour this year and spent Christmas in Upper Clements. We are a bit sad this year - Jason's first Christmas away.

Anonymous said...

It may suprise you but I can read and write so be very careful what you write about me I read your blog frequently When are you coming to civilization will it be before spring .If you do let us know so we can advertise to keep all the old ladies of the road.
See you soon T.P.D.

C said...

Thinking COLD, very COLD. Thinking SUNSHINE, sparkling sunshine...thinking...thinking...oooh that hurts...

Well, I tried - but I think (oouch) you're on your own...

It's a rumour, but I hear Winter went WEST...

Anonymous said...

The Kegger is a Go!! I hope you ask for snow for Christmas!! I'm asking for it! If not I guess I'll be bringing my ATV. We can strap the Keg on the back - we'll be the Mobile Tomiko Saloon spreading cheer around the lake!!! Don't worry Frank - Doctor Rich is coming and we'll drown that SAD thing away. Until then stay good!!

Cheers,
Rich.