Thursday, December 21, 2006

Early post today, too dang hot (+5c) to work.

Warning to TT, don't scroll to the bottom pic.

Sunset Tuesday.


Sunrise yesterday.


Sunset yesterday.


Here comes the sun this morning, whoopee doo, three days in a row!


Actually I'm giving my back a rest today. Yesterday I started chunking up and moving the chunks of that yellow birch to the wood splitter. Some of them were so big that I had to split them to manageable sizes. The bottom chunk was so gnarly that it took one and a half hours and a 6lb, and an 8 lb splitting maul and an axe to break it up. After I moved the wood I decided to test the wood splitter as I haven't used it yet. It works great, gut even it grunted when I threw on that bottom chunk. I don't remember seeing yellow birch in Nova Scotia. These things grow branches every which direction and have a habit of dropping huge branches on roads. There isn't a straight grain in them. These are the trees that the ministry hired a bunch of guys to trim brush around them to save them. Personally I think there are better ways to spend our tax dollars.


Razor is going to bring my truck around tomorrow. Mother nature better not dump a bunch of snow on us till after new years. I don't know how much I'll post over the next week. I'd rather spend time with the super kids than try to entertain you. Some day, when you get your own, you'll understand. This warm weather is causing problems all over. Dandelions are growing. Bears are coming out of their dens. The white rabbits are getting massacred. The natives up north can't build their ice roads. OK, stop reading now TT. And the squirrels are going crazy. They are thicker than mosquitoes and Kita is helping to thin them out a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GO GET 'EM KITA!!!!

Cheers,
Rich.