Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Yesterday I zipped to town for a dental appointment. I hit a couple of pretty deep slushy spots on the pond side of the lake. I didn't have too much running around, so I had time to visit a friend. On the way back, I was trucking along pretty good, when a car passed me, just north of the psych hospital, and almost put a south bound Suburban in the ditch. It was the OPP! I thought, for sure he would turn around and the chase would be on, but he didn't. Late for a doughnut I guess.

The day had been a grey day with flurries, but late in the afternoon it cleared up. My side of the lake got the sun first.


Sun set.


6:30 am.


7:00 am.


It reached -1 yesterday. We are under a storm watch right now, chance of up to 20 cms of snow. The Newfies got had a nice storm yesterday. Did you hear the guy on the news? I'll paraphrase a little bit 'cause I can't remember word for word. "Geeze me son, looks at me car. Sheeze buuried. I cantz go fer me smokes and a case o'beer. I guess de ol' lady will have to shanks mare".

A guy on the radio said that bloggers were introverts. Oops, another stereo type broken.

I picked up a new chain for the Husqvarna, that's a chain saw, not a sewing machine, so I'll get back on the fire wood soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see that once again, I'm the first to drop in and leave a comment. I guess people are being generous with the comment space and saving it for me to fill, 'cause they know I can and usually do...

I had to go back a ways in your archives to check whether you actually wrote something and that I just didn't dream it. Later..

What struck me, tho', was the beauty of the pictures. It was like seeing them (again) for the first time. (Does that make sense?)

I thought Singer made sewing machines. What's a Husquvarna or what ever?

The NF'ers really got a lot of snow this year. It reminds me of the winters we spent in St. John's. Driving up or down them hills in a Chevette in blizzard like conditions was quite exciting. Could be 'cause the Chevette drove like a mini-tank & never let me down. I bet Buddy's missus got right on down to the liquor store and came back beat to a snot with a 2 4 hoisted under her arm. Yes, b'y...

Enough sillyness...Gotta run. Rob landed in To for the weekend. Staying at Don and Sharon's. I should phone and thank them for putting up with him...oops, I mean putting him up.

Extroverted Bloggers Unite!

C

Anonymous said...

Mens weekend finally here. See you this weekend Frank with lots of company for you.

Whitey