Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Sun set Monday.


Sun rise yesterday.


It's been like Kita and I were the only living things the past couple of days. No birds, rabbits or squirrels, then late yesterday afternoon, these Whiskey jacks came for a visit.


Sun set last night.


This morning I saw this funny shape, just to the left (from the lake) of where the dock goes.


It is an air hole in the ice. The water is about half way up my boots.


Yesterday was just a terrible day. -27 in the morning, warmed up to -12, but with a wind chill into the -30's. Thermometer in the sun reading -2. Not a cloud in the sky. I bet your glad you could spend it at work, protected from all those nasty UVA and UVB rays, huh? Yeah, just terrible.


I spent the whole day out side yesterday. Chopped more slush off of the Yammie and greased the throttle cables and adjusted the carbs. I'll have to get Razor to check them out.

Here's a lesson for you. Clean ups can be profitable. I found $30.02 this morning. OK, I wasn't cleaning up, I was looking for some keys. Anyway, $10.02 was wrapped up in a receipt from Price Choppers dated the 30th of August 2006. It looks like it was change from Tina picking up some milk for me and cat food for George. The $20 was in a receipt from the LCBO.

So, last week the ground rats said that we are going to have an early spring. Now, environment Canada say that we are going to have below normal temps for the next three months. I guess we'll find out if superstition or flipping quarters are more correct.

Very funny Email Bryan, I can always use the help to spread my buns on the internet. Give me a call the next time you and Jose are off and I'll drop by.

1 comment:

C said...

Frank, are the Whiskey Jacks a pair or just random friends? Would they be feasting on the crumbs of a delicious loaf of homemade whole wheat bread?

$$'s have been know to grow in jacket pockets, especially if the jacket has been left in a dark confined space over a period of time...This has been my experience.

Yes, the weather here has been just as terrible! Brilliant blue skies with the occasional drifting puff of cloud. At work we count ourselves fortunate that we get to stay in most of the day breathing in God Knows What kind of air. Bobbing and weaving around the sneezers, wheezers and coughers. By 10 am we are overcome with a strong desire to sleep.

And then the air conditioner?? kicks in. (Well, what ever makes it cold inside in the winter!) It blows cold air around turning fingers purple. Extra sweaters come out of hiding! It's the main topic of conversation around our cubicles. We tend to huddle in the one or two cubicles that get heat. So I really feel for you! Terrible, just terrible, you poor soul...

I found a "face" in your slushy footprints picture...

Gotta go. Blog awaits...