Saturday, February 17, 2007

Finally, they are calling for some snow today, but only 2cm's.


Thursday we went to Frasertown to get some coffee water. Kita and I had seen a partridge on the trail a couple of times. Something, a wolf I think, got the bird and this is all that was left.


Sunup yesterday.


Another nice day on Little Tomiko.


Yesterday Kita was watching the whiskey jacks at the bird feeder when a squirrel decided to climb up. He didn't make it. Here, I think Kita is trying CPR.


Yesterday was bread day. In between risings I made some bannock with raisins. I have never had bannock, so I don't know if it turned out properly. It's more like a pastry than a bread.


Last evening we had supper at Frasertown. Left to right; Trailerpark Dan (TPD), Cindy, Barb, Gord and Doe Lake Randy (DLR). The Fraser's must have been getting another course when I took this pic.


My son, Joseph, was interviewed by the CBC show, Quirks and Quarks, about his research on the peregrine falcon this week. He's not sure if it will be aired today or next Saturday. The show is on after the noon news.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I managed to hear the interview on Quirks and Quarks, yesterday and as I said before, it was an excellent interview! The outcome of all his work looks toward a positive future for the Peregrine. Do you remember seeing the Hinterlands Whose Who (whatever it is called)on the Peregrine Falcon? That eerie cry...

Puff out your chest, Dad!

The wolf didn't leave much behind. He must have been hungry. And stupid squirrel...He should have stuck to eating the nuts he stored away in Fall and left the Whiskey Jacks food alone. Speaking of Squirrels...I saw one yesterday scampering along the back fence. I was so surprised I didn't grab the camera. Squirrels aren't a common sight here in our neigbourhood.

The blues in your sky pictures are awesome. John has been trying to capture sky and cloud to his satisfaction. (Still learning the camera) He wants to publish some, so I told him to use the Millers in EP as a launch pad.

Bannock tastes like Pastry? Ok, I'll take the receipe! Do you have to put in raisons? Ugh, fruit! Pastry is the best part of the pie...

Kind of you to introduce some of your friends. Hello, from Eastern Passage...

Gotta go, my neck is killing me! Who says exercise is good for you? (Pulled neck and shoulder muscles last week in a Pilates class!)

C

Anonymous said...

hi Frank This is Wednesday and still no blog from you. You are really making my life bad. Both me and captain Vic look forward to looking for your blog every day. This is Wednesday. Where are you are you? Or is your solar down that bad. Have a good men's weekend. Hope to have something on my screen soon. Petlamb and Captain Vic.