Friday, February 09, 2007

Sun set Wednesday.


Sun set Thursday.


It looked promising yesterday afternoon, but we barely got enough to cover up the dog pee.


Sun dog at sun rise this morning.


Today is just another one of those terrible sunny days, but don't despair, they are calling for cloud and a little snow for your weekend. This afternoon I'm heading to Frasertown to pick up some olds papers and check the mail. Maybe I'll remember to take a picture of Jocko, oops, I mean Jake. He's growing up really fast.

So, ya noticed Rocky, one of my low maintenance pets. Rocky is about 15 years old, I think. George used to attack him, when he was a kitten.


Here's Billie the blue bill duck.


Ruffy, the ruffed grouse.


Puff, the dragon fly.


Woody, the wood duck with Nutty the squirrel peeking out in the back.


Bobby, the bob cat. He was gifted. Before I had ceilings, Bobby used to live in the rafters. George would climb the walls to attack him.


And the fishies.


I used to do a little taxidermy. I haven't done any for years. The only thing I remember is the moto, "taxidermists will mount anything."

3 comments:

C said...

The cliche queen says, "If you don't use it, you lose it."

Man, she's bad! I don't know where she gets them!

Anonymous said...

At least you don't have to buy food for them.
s

C said...

Now that the cliche queen has left the scene, I might get to make a comment!

My favourite low maintenance pet is Rocky. (Not that this is a contest or anything.) Having looked them all over carefully, he is the one. It must have been "love at first sight"!

I am impressed with the dragon fly, too! I love dragon flies! August is dragon fly month, at least here, anyway.

But I think it is fitting that your cabin should be filled with your hand crafted pets. They seem so much at home there!

Since you don't have to buy food for them, at least remember to dust them once in a while!