Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Weather channel, you suck! It's time to trade in your quarter or your ouija board. What ever you use, it ain't workin.

This is as good as it got Sunday evening.


Yesterday I split up a steamer trunk full of kindling. A weasel stuck his head out of the wood pile and watched me for about five minutes. After I got the camera, he got shy. I did manage to get this pic. The weasel is white already, so I guess that makes him an ermine. You can find him if you see his eye, almost in the center.


This is as good as it got Monday evening.


BUT!!! TADAA!! This morning we had a beautiful sun rise at 7:15.






Yup, that's ice stretching all the way to Generator Bay. The temp dropped to -10.9 over night but was -4 when I got up.


Well, guess what. Yeah, around 11:00 it clouded over again. So no swimming today. Thursday is supposed to be really nice, don't bet on it, so maybe I'll sun bathe then. The boat is still in the water, one more water taxi job to do. Gotta give #3 a ride so he can walk his hoe home. That's a back hoe, Jason! Who raised you any way?

Here's a pic of another "fair weather" cottage, or as we locals like to call them, WOOSIES

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Frank; Just to add to your wild life count, saw a cow moose and calf on the road, where they widened it last year (rip rap corner, for lack of a better name). So I guess the hunters didn't get them all. Good to see you're still kickin'.

Anonymous said...

Great shots as usual. I saw the ermine- would that be a Herman in N&L?- almost immediately. I want to see a swim shot. Com'n Frank, you have time lapse.
Next time
Gord