Tuesday, July 18, 2006

We're alive! We had a severe thunder storm blow through last night at supper time. The only damage at my place was a small tree and I lost a piece of facia from my shed. This morning it took me 1.5 hours to get to the Birkby's. Actually, I was pretty lucky, only one fall down of any size, but lots of little stuff. On the way to town there is a place called the Black Forrest where some Germans planted black pines, it's almost all gone. Parts of North Bay were without power. I managed to get my groceries, but I didn't get any gas for the generator or boat. There are only two gas stations open and the line ups were about a kilometer long and I wasn't going to sit in line that long. I'll probably have to borrow some gas for my truck to make it back to town.

The calm before the storm.


A view of the storm through the screened deck. I couldn't get any other pictures because the rain was blowing from all directions.


After the storm.




Pretty morning.


The worse spot on my driveway.

3 comments:

the Mailman Family said...

WOW - sounds like some storm - glad to hear you survived without too much damage. We had some thunder and lightning and heavy rains here one night last week - but nothing like you had!

Michelle said...

we had a thunder storm too, but it was all thru the night.

looks like you and your chain saw have some work to do!

John and Cathy Miller said...

I know some storms do a lot of damage. But how I love a good show. We've had a few thunder and lightening storms here in the last few weeks. Although I crawled out of bed in the middle of the night to watch, I have to say I was left wanting more. (Sleep, too.) It's a 'killer' having to get up after a few hours sleep and go to work and be 'productive'! Sigh!

C