Friday, April 04, 2014

Whoot! Whoot! 


So, we know that I'm going for a swim, and we know that I'll be in my birthday swim suit. I'm now trying to think of something special if we hit $1,000.00. Any Suggestions? 

By yesterday morning it was known that I was, at least going for a dip. I headed down to the lake drill some holes so the sun and rain would help open a bigger hole. Richie, I,m not ashamed to admit that your tool might be bigger than my tool, 'cause my chainsaw won't cut thru 4' of ice. 

Not thru yet!



In some places there was a crust of ice, over water on the ice. 


 The crust gave away and I dropped down to over my knees. You can see where my head and arms hit, just behind the auger.


You can see that there was a crack in the ice and I was lucky enough to be standing right over it.


Hopefully this will make a hole big enough to swim in.


About an hour ago.


This is where I fell in.


There is about an inch of ice over the holes.


 I'd like to thank everybody who donated. Janet, Grasshopper, Jon and Mary-Lou, Sister Margaret, Anne, Colette, Dona and Tina, Tom and Mary-Anne, Itchy Richie, Josie, Jaione, and Chris. 

You will have to believe me that it's a dark eyed junco.


Avian stand-off.


Him.


Her. She doesn't have her mean, married look, yet.


First red-winged black bird.


We still have our 'jacks.


These two appear to be married, already.


No jokes today, just truisms. 

 You know that this is my motto.


And, this is Kaeden's JDRF walk for a cure team uniform.


 I might have done this one before. Everything after this needs no explanation.



 

 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I say if you reach 1000 then Grasshopper goes in as well!! LOL Cheers, Ritchie