Thursday, May 22, 2014

Well, I hope yer happy. The snow is gone. Temps are in the mid 20's. And ... The black flies are back. Yeah, I hope yer real happy. 

Evil Black flies.


Evil Tomiko Black flies.


I got my first bites yesterday, so, I hope yer really, really happy. Come on out and share some. 

 Enough of the depressing talk, first snow should be in about 175 days, yeah, and we're counting. It's been pretty quiet lately, but, I'll go thru the pics and see what we've been up to. 

A male rose breasted grosbeak showed up one day.


And then another. These guys only drop by for a short visit.



A juvenile male rose breasted grosbeak. We've never noticed these before. The females look like this without the yellow on the breast. 


A nice evening shot.


A hummer in the cool rain.


This beaver comes by every evening and dives under the dock.


I know, the dock is still wonky. But, the water is still to cold to fix it. Do you think I'm crazy enough to get in that cold water?



This eastern towhee showed up one morning. I needed Dr. J.W. to identify this one for me.
" Regis, can I call a son?"



 Reflections of my life.

I ID'ed this guy myself. An American redstart. 


American gold finches.



Yesterday I picked some fiddle heads.


Boiled, sauteed, and still bitter. I need Jonny to show me how it's done.


Last weekend we helped our new neighbours, Dan and Judy get their water system up and running. They bought Rob and Penny's place. We didn't have a water proof camera,  so we'll introduce them to you later. 


Reflections of my life. 

This one is from Jahanara.   


Ornithologist humour.




I solved the mystery of women for you guys. Yer, welcome.


Makes you proud to have served.

No comments: