Friday, May 09, 2014

We have been really busy. I won't be able to update you on all that's been going on. 

First off a late Happy Birthday to my sister Margaret, which was on Tuesday.  Oh, gimme a break, I did call her.

Here we are with our Dad in 1861.

 
And, today is Floyd's very first birthday. 

He sure is a cutie. And very smart, too.


OK, we were hit by lightning. Lost our phone and the internet was off for a while. I'll post this much and add on later. 

Sunday evening the lake started to break up. Our ice road actually went from left to right across our shore. These pics were taken one minute apart. 






The next morning we could still see some ice so we waited until we were sure that it wouldn't come back at us like it did last year.


The Transformer comes in handy for boat launching.


The EvilRude was evil and didn't want to stay running. I took thingies off and banged this doodad and tapped that one and she decided to go.


And we're off.


I beat you again this year, Timbit.


Yeah, I know that the end of the dock is wonky. If you remember we had a bad wind storm last fall that blew things sideways. It was too cold to fix it then and it's still to cold for diving.


On Tuesday we did an ice check. This spot in front of the Estate was the thickest that we found. I tried to kill it but I just rode up on top. We were going to town on Wednesday, so with consultation with Gord and Barb we decided that Wednesday would be the official ice out day making Mary-Lou the winner.


Loons on the way home.


Tons of geese flew over Thursday.




A couple of short vids showing the ice on the move.



And one more for Timbob.

2 comments:

the messy minded fool said...

well, you only beat me by a week this year(courtesy climate change) I'm catching up!

the messy minded fool said...

although I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous!