Sunday, May 04, 2014

We have been doing a lot of walking lately. You know that the bears are just coming out of hibernation now, and are hungry. So, I recommend  that you should always walk with someone. And, may also suggest that you walk with someone that you know that you can out run. I do. 

We went over the road to Riches. The church was lookin' pretty gloomy.


A big old branch fell right on the trail.


Richie's road looking back to the station road.


The other way.


HA! We were here and you weren't. Ya know, instead of fixin' up yer house and moving to God knows where, you should flip that sucker and move to God's country. We could use a welder here 'cause there never is one when you need one.


You might want to bring a couple nails and some duct tape on your next trip.


If you can walk the dock, yer OK to drive yer boat.


Close your eyes if you are home sick. Whoa, easy, there's no need of that kind of talk.


Grasshopper got the first pic of a loon.


We actually had some sun first thing this morning!



And the ice was looking pretty holey.


So I started to get the old Evilrude out of her deep sleep.


Maybe next year I'll paint her.


Grasshopper found this broken egg on the ski doo ramp. If you remember, I found one a few years ago, floating in the lake. I'm thinkin' a loon's egg 'cause the book sez that they might lay 2 eggs and roll one out of the nest.


I'll check on the ice out as soon as the boat gets in the lake. The definition I use for "ice free" is when all of the docks are accessible.



Get it? Har.




I think I went swimming with that bergie bit.


No comments: