Sunday, May 31, 2015


HAPPY 13th BIRTHDAY, CALLIOPE <:-P



WoW! You are now officially a teenager. How did that happen? One day you are blowing spit bubbles in your veggies, and the next you are a beautiful young lady. Don't forget your bib when you have cake today. ;)




So, it looks as if I was wrng, I mean msstkn, in identifying that bird yesterday. Dr. J.W. reports "Definitely not a Nashville Warbler; beak is wrong, as are the leg and throat colours. My thought is a Connecticut Warbler, and that is much better: Nashville Warblers are quite common, and most people (including myself) don't get a look at a Connecticut Warbler for more than a fraction of a second at a time before it goes into hiding for the next hour. Most people only "get" a Connecticut Warbler from voice alone.

There is a slight chance that it is a female Mourning Warbler (they are quite similar), but that would be an equally shy bird. The eye ring makes me think Connecticut, though."  Now I see that the Nashville has yellow right up it's throat. I agree that it is a Connecticut.


 

1 comment:

Joseph W. Brown said...

Hmm. Not 100% sure that it is not a Mourning Warbler. This one looks quite similar to your bird:

http://www.audubon.org/sites/default/files/Mourning%2520Warbler%2520a23-2-013_l_1.jpg

Either way, a cool bird. I've send the picture to a fellow birder for a second opinion.