Thursday, January 09, 2014

Yeah, I know. First we had the sniffles, and then not much goin' on, and then too busy. The AKA Smiths thought that it was so cold that my computer "froze", Har, ha..., I'll laugh later, when I have some free time. 

 So, first with the magic of Nikon, we'll time travel back to 2013. 

Dec 30. We rx'ed a couple of these seed wreaths, one for Christmas, and one for my birthday. The birdies luuuved them. The whiskey jacks were all over them before I was off the ladder. I didn't get a pic of that, but here is an American tree sparrow.     


Just another sun set.


Like I said, we had the sniffles over New Years, so we didn't go to the celebrations at Bed Rock. But, we did watch the fireworks.  It's hard to get good pics of fireworks at maximum zoom, and sneezing yer head off.





Jan 1 2014. Cool morning, still sneezing and shaking. 


Puffed up grouse waiting for breakie.


Bill's point making a shadow as the sun goes down behind him.


2 Jan. More chill. 
  


40% alcohol will freeze at - 35c.


What does someone with 6 super kids need? Well, 2 more, of course, and they look just like me!


Just kidding, Sis, but feel free to use it.


Another visitor to the bird feeder. They do like seeds.



YEAH!, I Know!


    
3 Jan. You can see that George let the fire go out, again, 'nuff said. 

 
According to Mr. Nikon, nothing happened between the 4th and the 6th. 

We had some flurries on the 7th. 




If you look real close, you will see a sleigh with a snow blower on it stuck in the slush.


A little better? Ya see, I tried to prepay some onion rings and help clear the road to the Estate. I even rode over to test the ice, and all was OK. But, I hit some slush and it just buried the sleigh and blower and then the ski-doo-bee-doo got stuck, too. Mrs. Slate and I worked the sled out while Grasshopper sat on her Transformer, eating bon-bons and pushing the "in" button on her winch. We set the sleigh and blower on a dry spot and Grasshopper and I went back the next morning when everything was frozen.

 
Yesterday while Grasshopper was "cleaning up" some snow, See Tim?, she spotted this boreal owl spying on her.    




I had to go to town again today.  The Notman road has been plowed by the loggers.




This semi driver pulled out right in front of me, on the highway, full of snow. errrr!


You see this in North Bay a lot. It's caused by a temperature inversion, exhaust from vehicles and homes and  the escarpment.


In between appts, I went to the ice front. Ice huts starting to show up. There will be thousands before the season is over.


The old Chief Commanda, frozen in time.


There was a grouse waiting for me when I got back to Bed Rock. See her?


There she is.


Well, I think yer up to date and my eyes are tired. I honestly don't know how some of you can stare at a computer all day and not go nuts. Oh, wait, that does explain a lot, any way if I had to do it I would wrap a cord around my neck, or, go hide out in a cabin in the woods. Too tired for jokes today. Maybe if we get a snow day tomorrow I'll do just a joke blog. 








OK, maybe one. Have I done this one already? 

 

No comments: