Friday, November 01, 2013


It has been raining here for EVER. Lakes are full, ponds are full, rivers are full. We have no where to put any more water. On top of that, last night and today we had an epic wind storm. Tomorrow we will be checking out our road for fallen trees. This might take some time depending if and/or how many trees are down. After that we'll take a tour of the lake and check your properties for any damage. If you don't hear from me in a couple of days, then you're OK. 

The dock was OK when I took this pic.


But after the wind died down, the dock was askew.


Screws pulled right thru the wood. Probably better than mangled aluminum.


The robins are migrating thru. 


Clearing up for a sunset.


I've been trying to get the grouse to eat from my hand. It's harder 'cause they weren't here as chicks this year.


No problem hand feeding these guys. Some kibble to go, please.


Some how I don't remember Tuesday starting out so nice.


Wednesday morning was the start of demolition at Frasertown, heretofore known as Fraser Village.





I didn't stay around for "after" pics. Time for that later.


Later, the AKA Smiths came out to the camp to take some stuff back to town. Jon is moving around pretty good, but I can still out run him, with a head start.


There was still snow on the dark side of the lake.


Ya know yer a "Townie" when ya gotta lite a fire for a half hour visit.



Did you know that November is Diabetes Awareness Month?  Diabetics are Super Heroes.


I copied this from my daughter's facebook page. Those finger pricks sure add up.
November is Diabetes Awareness Month. Did you know that over 3 million Canadians have diabetes but only 10% of them have Type 1.
My son Kaeden is part of that 10%. He was diagnosed February 14, 2008 at 6.5 years old. Since that time he has received over 7650 injections of life saving insulin and had his fingers poked with needles over 20, 880 (!!) times to help us maintain control of his blood sugars. He needs a Cure.

A pic of my sister's free range rabbit farm. Oh, wait, it's not a farm, it's a sanctuary 'cause yer not allowed to eat them.


A funny.


A funnier.



I'll probably be too busy tomorrow to remind you, so, I'll do it now. 



 

No comments: