Wednesday, October 31, 2007

So, here we are all alone, just me and you, and you and you. Grasshopper and Kathleen have gone to town to drop off Mr. Slate at the airport to go where ever he goes, to do what ever he does. They will spend the day with Louise, learning more craft stuff. I had to have Grasshopper across the lake at O'dark-thirty, in raging seas. This pic was after I got back home.



This pic was sunrise a couple of days ago.



That evening.






The Redpolls have shown up at the feeders, eating us out of house and home.




Last night was pretty interesting. First, we heard wolves howling behind Fennell's Bay, maybe down the river. Then we heard a loud "SKREEEE! SKREEE!" I took a million power flash light in the back yard and found an owl up in a yellow birch. I"m not sure what kind it was. By the time I thought of getting a picture, he flew off. It was about fifteen inches tall.


Hey Tim, I notice that you haven't put up pics of your snow. I think that you are just trying to give us snow envy. What?! You put your boat away? I guess that you won't be applying for the ice breaker job.

Hey Sis, everybody needs friends with brain damage to climb ladders for them. Can't hurt what's all ready broke. I use Richie for my climbing needs.

JT, I wonder who will fill that position. Another motor mouth?

That'sit for today, dial up has knocked me off five or six times in the past half hour.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard on the radio you're not getting much sleep up that way, Gulls keeping you up? You retired guys got alot to complain about!!!

I'll keep you posted on who got hired..

Michelle said...

halloween pics are up.

Michelle said...

today, we woke up to frost on the grass and cars. didn't i tell you crazy people that you can keep your cold weather to yourselves for just a while longer?