Monday, October 08, 2007

Short one today. Weather has been grey, warm and damp the past few days.

Last Thursday we took Linda up to the Temagami look out. For pics, check Grasshopper's blog, when she gets around to posting. No use seeing the same scenes twice. They have a fire tower that you can climb, but, due to my immense love of the planet earth, I didn't go up.

After Temagami, we went to the Highway Bookshop. I don't know how many books they have, but one room had 200,000.

Later, we stopped in Latchford to see the world's smallest covered bridge. (A lack of ambition? Or a cute joke?)




Last evening we went to the Fowler's for Thanksgiving dinner, turkey, lamb, and all the trimmings. OK, here's where the sometimers sometimes has a problem. Those at the dinner were, Jose, Ed, me, Grasshopper, Brian, (that's the easy part), Mary, Nickie and Veronica(????) How did I do?



Due to the lack of rain the past month, the lake is at the lowest level this year. We checked out the beaver dam and it is ok. This pic is birch trees along the river.



2 comments:

C said...

Thanks for the heads-up on my next??Blog. One more to do before I do Temagami. Great day, wasn't it?

I'm still full after the feast at Ed and Jose's. Perhaps I should have passed on dessert?? Looking forward to going again in the next little while. I should make something this time to take...

Going to vote on Wednesday?

C

Michelle said...

Uncle Tim's baby is finally here!!