Thursday, December 16, 2010

Grasshopper went to town today. She has to sled around the lake to Bedrock. We spent the past two days breaking trail to the A5 road. The first pass thru the Skidoobeedoo was plowing snow up to the windshield.




There she goes down the driveway.




Grasshopper normally feeds the birds first thing in the morning. I guess I was late this morning.




And then my Whiskey Jacks came for breakfast too. They disappeared for about four or five days around the time we took the boat out, and I was a little worried, but they have been back every day now for the past week.



Mrs. Downy was hungry too.


So, you might be wondering how we made out with all the snow storms that hit Ontario. I must admit that we have had a  flurry or two that have added up to some accumulations. Not near as much as what the Queen of London has at her Summer Palace. The worst thing was the wind. And it would play tricks on you so sometimes you would think some one was talking behind you or tapping you on the shoulder. One time, I swear I heard "Blimey Mate, that's enow snow now. Heat up the bangers and mash and open an ale. Maybe next year we'll go down under for the season."  










Last weekend I could/would have walked across the lake in an emergency. I was sure that we would be sledding across by now. Now, the lake is really slushy due to all the snow on top. Hopefully it will freeze up before the Bishop Superkids come.




We have had no sun for ever. Yesterday started out OK, but this was as good as it got.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that's a Hairy Woodpecker, not a Downy. The bill is much longer, and there are no black lines across the white tail feathers.

Joseph.

Frank Brown said...

You are correct Joseph. I was reading dyslexically.