Tuesday, December 28, 2010



First off I would like to send a 
Happy Birthday 
to some one very close to me. That is the container that carries me around. After all these years it is still doing OK. Sure the back is always sore and the knees are a little wonky but at least it still holds water, and that's pretty important I would say. The gigantic brain is still firing on most cylinders although some of the re-memory circuits are a little fuzzy. So, enough of the public service announcements and on with Christmas.




You all know that we were worried that the lake might not be ready for the Bishop Super-kids to come for a visit. On the 24th Grasshopper and I snowshoed to Bedrock while Mr. Slate and Pebbles came the other way. Then Mr. Slate was the first to cross on a sled. 



By the end of the day.



Christmas morning.



Over night we were visited by Jack and Burl, that's Frost and Ives to you, who painted the whole center like a Christmas card.











George helping to open gifts.








Boxing day.


Kurt and Ellia get ready for a ride.



Me and K-Dude.



Then K-Man and I went to pack down the Don Fraser By-pass on snow shoes.





Trying to feed the Whiskey jacks. Too much commotion for the birds.



Athena turns on Rudolf.




Ellie bellie with Grasshopper's Grinch.



Sun set that night.




On the ice Monday morning.


Restarting the fire in the morning.



"May I have some more please?" Bah Humbug, it's gruel for you!



Athena has an owl.




It's MINE!



"But I don't want to go for a ski doo ride."




This is a quilt that my daughter made for us. It is a map of Little Tomiko, the important part any way. It also has stitching emitting from our property signifying the center of the universe.  

1 comment:

the messy minded fool said...

belated, but happy container occupation anniversary. i've often thought of myself as a container;albeit half-full.