Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Squeegie! Thirty years old! How did your age catch up to mine?

No Kaeden, I'm not one hundred years old.




We have tons of swallows this year. I hope they stay for bug season. We also have one bat. A single bat. How is that going to help with the plague of bugs?




Nope, that's not Tomiko Tessie. Just a log. The lake is still turning over and you have to keep an eye out for logs popping up.




Yesterday we put out the navigation lights. I Frank-Einsteined another solar light from three broken lights. I have lost three or four lights from Gull "Sht" rock the past couple of years. I also installed another gull deterrent given to us by the city dump. The other deterrents that I installed haven't slowed down the gulls, in fact, they seem to take great pleasure in breaking them. You'll also see that Doc Shaw's pet owl is missing. Wind? Waves? Armorous gull?





LOOK! A peregrine falcon!




It's just another deterrent from the city. It hangs from a twenty foot pole and flies like a kite. How am I going to install them on rocks in the middle of the lake? This might take some more Frank-Einsteining, with a little millwronging thrown in.




I guess that spring is officially here when the trailer park trash move back in. There goes our peace and quiet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You be ready for the trailer trash because I'm on my way buddy

TPD

C said...

Does the song "Row, row, row your boat" bring any recent memories to mind?