Saturday, June 09, 2007

I'm still here. Been a little busy lately. If you didn't like the weather the past week, all you had to do was wait five minutes. Last week we had record high temps, then record rain fall; over two inches the last few days, and high winds. And blessed snow on Tuesday.

Tuesday we went to town. By the time we got back, the snow had accumulated on the trees in the driveway and bent them over so that you couldn't see where you were going.






It cleared last evening.


This morning it was dead calm.



We picked up some flooring on Tuesday and started laying it on Thursday. They didn't have enough in stock, so we'll have to make another trip to town before we can finish the job.


Jose had a visitor to her bird feeder this week. (Photo courtesy of Brian)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the plywood better ... you didn't have to take your shoes off. LOL I think I hear a whip cracking in the Brown residence! LOL Cheers,
Rich

the Mailman Family said...

Humm, have you picked out paint colors yet? I can see painting in your future, and new curtains, and . . . . Looks great! I heard about the snow in North Bay - unless it kills all flying bugs, you can keep it. And that little baby bear is sooo cute!

Michelle said...

i agree, aunt margaret.. i would be lovely to see some colour on the walls! i do like the colour of the floor.. now get it done before your superkids come to stomp all over it!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Frank,
My 5 year old & I have been watching your site since last June from here in Ohio. I used to stay at Lake Tomiko every August with my family at Moosepoint Lodge. It is to this day the only place besides my actual home that I still get homesick for. When I saw your pictures I had to keep coming back for my "fix". I felt compelled to write this time to say I think your strange insect artifact may be a Monarch cocoon.Did you find it on or near Milkweed? They are very Metallic looking. That's it. Keep blogging and we'll keep watching & reading. Ohioans