Saturday, March 07, 2015

Before I forget. 

 
Unlike NoShow/NoBlog Richie, I'll try to keep you in the loop. But you better get a double double-double.

On Feb. 27 Bone Head and Big Luke came up for their own men's weekend. No girls allowed, peace and quiet! 

Snow slowly sliding off of the steel roof.



I took Big Luke in to my quinzee.


Sat the 28th.  we woke up to frost on the deck screens.




On Friday, Cat and Kat, my personal shoppers had picked up a thermocouple for the pilot light for the oven. After tearing it all apart, I found out that it was the wrong one. So, I Frankensteined it until the right part comes in.

 

Hey! I don't tell you how you should do your job. Well, OK, I must admit that I do, but, ya wanna do it right, don't you?.



That afternoon we went ice fishing with Mr. and Mrs Slate. The Frasers have built the first permanent ice shack on little Tomiko. I guess it's only permanent if it floats. A bunch of peeps from the Martin Lake area dropped by.


There's Big Luke in the back with his hot dog stick.


Lunch.


This is what's left of a moose after a wolf kill at Bear Lake. Yeah, that'll make a hot dog.


That's a pretty nice fire.


You can see the Estate way back on the right.


TT, and Jane and Vic dropped on by.


Sunday we went fishing by ourselves. I went out drilling holes while my personal laundress did a couple of loads.
 

I caught a small mouth bass but had to quickly get back in the hole as the season doesn't open 'till June. Then I caught this nice perch.


You can see a minnow sticking out of it's mouth but there was still a minnow on the hook that caught it.


The wind was howling, like it has been for weeks. The blowing snow made swishing sounds and ever changing designs.


Thursday morning, Mrs. Penny up in the feeder.



I took the Bedrock F250 out to plow the Notman and A5 roads.




There was a full moon that night. The view out the kitchen window. No flash and no time exposure.


Out the back door.


The ski-doo trail.


Yesterday we took Grasshopper's sled to Powassan for it's 500km check up. When we came home the wind was REALLY howling making snow dunes. If you went on a long ride you would need your Saxx. I do recommend these.




We also found a bunch of grouse feathers. We have a fox that patrols all over our property every night and we always wonder if and when it will find Mrs. Henny Penny. Could this be it's ninth life?


It has been a colder than normal winter.




Oops, where did that one come from?


Winter is a lot more fun when you embrace it.


For Gonzo.


Hang in there Timbit. You'll be out there before you know it.



Guess who just showed up? Yup, Mrs. Penny.


Grasshopper ran right out to give her some peanuts.


And Her, too. That little black bit is her stump.


You can see the stump a little bit better here.


With just one foot, she uses her wings for balance.


No comments: